Friday 13 March 2015

And So It Continues

Physio and now physical rehab are starting to be my new norms. Last week was the first week with the physical rehab, and it pushed me to a point I hadn't been in a long time. I was glad for being pushed, but also worried about the pain that could come with it. But I am starting to deal with my mental weakness, while strengthening my physical weakness. Bought a couple tools to help with the process. A larger exercise ball to work on the core stabilization techniques, and strength training bands to work on the hips, legs, and core as well. I like the ball exercises. They seem simple and easy at first, but I feel it after the first few minutes pass. Which is good. It means that my body is still working and trying to improve. The squats are probably the hardest part for me. Since I grew up being a goalie for quite a few years (like a decade), my body has a predisposition to move in certain ways. My rehab coach I guess you would call him pointed out the flaws in how I was squatting today. He told me the way I was doing them made me look like a goalie, which I told him I was. He said that explained a lot then, and told me I would have to focus just that much more to do them properly.

Other than the exercises I do, I have a lot of free time on my hands right now. I spend it mostly listening to music, watching movies/TV shows, or just browsing the internet. BUT I decided since I have started to physically and mentally feel better, I would do something to help continue that good progress. So I started to draw one of the children's books that I have wanted to make for a long time. I am going to collaborate with one of my friends who I think is very talented with drawing and colouring to help me polish up the images and figure out a colour scheme to go with. I only started it yesterday, but I am happy with how I have progressed with it. Who knows, one day maybe my niece and nephews will have an aunt that writes stories that they read in school. That would be really cool. But that is also getting way a head of myself. First I have to finish the story.

"Weakness compels strength. Betrayal begets blood. This is the law of the Nine Clans." - Ozunu Ninja Assassin

No comments:

Post a Comment