Saturday 21 March 2015

Keeping busy

The past week or so I have been keeping in good spirits and doing what I can to get better. So daily exercises and stretches have progressed a little more, which is great. I feel a bit stronger every day, although I still have pain in my hip and leg from the bulges pushing on nerves. But it will get there. I just have to keep believing, as nearly everyone in my life keeps reminding me. I like the reminders, because it is really easy to fall into a downward slump. They keep me going when I feel like I will never get better. And they make me laugh when I want to cry. So thank you to the people who care enough to tell me what I need to hear and not always what I want to hear.

In other news, I have finished both the story board, and the first rough draft of my children's book and have the first page of the second draft done. I also got one of my nephews to read the rough draft. He is nearly 12 (one week until his birthday) and this past week had March break. I got him for a day to help me run errands (he carried everything for me). So he read it, with only a little difficulty due to my penmanship (I am blaming the pencil smudging), and actually liked it. He also thinks that his little sister would love it! So positive feed back already has really boosted my attitude towards writing and drawing this book. It would be awesome to have it published one day, but even if I only end up finishing it and making a couple copies for family or friends, I think it will be worth it.

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals." Butch Cassidy Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

No comments:

Post a Comment